Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chili for breakfast

Well folks,

I wanted to wake up early today so i set my alarm for 8:30 (yes that is early for me...be jealous). When it violently woke me up, I started my daily war of waking up vs. sleeping in. I always gave in to sleeping in and I could feel myself slipping. I couldn't slip today; I had things that I needed too! But I was falling back asleep! I quickly went to the tv turned it on and watched I love lucy. It was only afterwards when I realized that I defeated the purpose of getting up early and actually wasted over 30 minutes of time.

I had chili and cornbread for breakfast today like at 9:30. I actually have milk this week so I could have had cereal.  I also had eggs that are going to go bad soon...but I choose left over chili and cornbread. I am still not sure why. Perhaps it is was the easiest thing to reach without moving things around in the refrigerator.

I also had some really strong coffee. The night before I made the coffee pot ready and put my alarm by it so when I wake up to a nasty alarm I could just turn on my coffee maker. However, there was a mishap and my coffee drainy thingy in my pot got clogged and the coffee sat in the top for 20 minutes with all of the grounds (so happy for my crazy good starbucks skills). I still proceeded to drink that coffee practically feeling the hair growing on my chest. It was kinda chunky with grounds too. I could have thrown it out and made a new pot...but I didn't.

So there I was in my PJ's thinking, "this morning could have been better". I could have gotten up and actually done something. I could have made an awesome egg and bagel breakfast (even though my fiance makes it much better) and good coffee. Do I have the spiritual gift of Laziness or what?

I know, I know, it is not a spiritual gift. It is more like a curse. If it requires any effort I avoid it like the plague.. BUTTTTTT maybe being the lazy is not the issue with my "I love lucy", chilli, and bad coffee morning. PERHAPS, it is because I am poor. I didn't want to have my chili go bad and didn't want to waste it (just forget what I said earlier about my eggs about to go bad) and I didn't want to waste coffee because everything is so bleepity bleep expensive here.... just don't mind the fact that I don't like coffee in the first place and hardly ever drink it. Now, maybe I can find a poor excuse for watching I love lucy (pun intended thank you very much)

okay, okay, I am lazy. well...I am poor too. I have had the humbling experience of getting crazy amounts of canned food from a church that I don't go to because I was on the list of poor people that church goers their knew and I count my pennies every morning hoping I have enough for the bus rather than trying to find a ride to school or worse.....biking. Man, Biking is so hard and it sucks especailly when it is cold and there is FREAKING SNOW OUTSIDE! oh wait, I am back to being lazy.

well, all of this to say... well nothing. I just wanted people to know that I had chili for breakfast and I didn't even fart today.






5 comments:

Noelle Joy said...

Faith! I empathize with you. That sounds like an altered version of my lazy, grumpy mornings. Except I fart all day.

Faith said...

one of the best comments ever.

Tim Wenzig said...

Chili & cornbread is just fine for breakfast. At least it wasn't a chili dog. Hmmm... let me get back to you on that.
Faith, Check out my blog: http://twenzig.blogspot.com

Beautiful Consecration said...

Sleeping in for me is like, 7am. And three of those mornings I have to be somewhere by 6. I may want to do your school instead...

Meghan said...

how has no one commented on the pun? that was an awesome pun. and also... so you will excuse me for all the times I slept through our one on one's for d-group...and those were like at 10:30am :P