Friday, January 20, 2012

"I'll always use you"

I have this image of me laying down with my arms and legs spread out like a star on the Sahara sands. If I were able to move my head from facing the blaring sun I would only see dunes surrounding me. My sandy lips are screaming for water and my lungs are panting for more air. There is a castle near by, surrounded by water, in fact, I use to live there. All I needed was within that castle; I am royalty and the king longs for me. But alas, here I am. I lost my footing and ended up here.

For the past couple months, maybe even years, this is where my spiritual life has been. I know where I belong, but I feel dry and lost.

But my King is faithful. Here I am laying in the desert wondering where I will find my water and he speaks to me. He brings friends and conversations, images of his desire for the two of us, and he gives me hope that I am still his.

This happened today when a friend came by to chat and I realized that this week The Faithful One has taught me so much. He has spoken to me three random things, all that I needed to hear as I was saying them (in most cases, to someone else.)

1. If you live simply. that allows God to be shown even more glorious.
2. You'll never be the "Ideal Christian"so stop comparing yourself to impossible "idealized Christian" and set your eyes on Jesus, run towards him instead. He needs to be your goal.
3. Don't try to Separate God from school work but ask him to reveal himself to you through your learning, assignments and work.

I had a humbling moment when I realized how God spoke all these things through me. I knew as I was saying them that this is not coming from me (who is broken and weak) but from the spirit of my father that is still with me.

You may or may not agree with what I listed but I know that it was what I needed to hear to be encouraged and for my friend. Our conversation was a blessing to both of us (for she in turn uplifted me).

The point I am trying to make, my friends, is... "The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." (1 thess 5:24) Praise him from where all blessing flow. He sustains us and pursues us even when we are surrounded by dunes blinded by the sun.

Sincerely,
The Desert Princess

3 comments:

Beautiful Consecration said...

I absolutely love you. This blessed my heart and made me smile. You truly are one of the most beautiful and broken and amazing people I know.
love,
another weak and broken vessel

kaka said...

This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Meghan said...

I'm reading your blog backwards. And they keep staying great. You say wise things. And you write them well (poetic and witty).